Would you like to feel confident that you and your staff team know how to talk to your clients/service users about sexual and reproductive health and have the correct information?
Sandyford sexual health services, in partnership with Scottish Drugs Forum, have designed a free of charge training programme to increase the confidence of staff around sexual and reproductive health (S&RH).
If your organisation works with vulnerable adults in Glasgow city, one or two members of your staff are invited to become key contacts for S&RH within your organisation.
Staff members will attend two one-day foundation sessions during a two-month period with regular communication and follow up sessions thereafter.
By the end of the course, participants will
- Have up to date information on legal issues around S&RH
- Know the impact alcohol and other drugs have on S&RH
- Have examined their own values and attitudes to S&RH
- Have examined their own values and attitudes to alcohol and other drugs
- Be able to share information and issues around STIs and contraception
- Be aware of the impact of sexuality and gender identity on S&RH and drug/alcohol use
- Be aware of how to raise the topic of S&RH with clients/service users and/or colleagues
- Demonstrate confidence in discussing S&RH with clients/service users and/or colleagues
- Be aware of suitable resources and sources of help Have an awareness of inclusive practice
- Have information how Sandyford can further support organisations and clients/service users
- Know how to become a Free Condom venue for their clients/service users
As a prerequisites, organisations must agree that the staff member(s) can discuss S&RH with clients/service users and colleagues
Training dates: Day session on 10th July and 7th August or day session on 13th July and 3rd August with follow up session morning on the morning of the 7th September.
Venue: Scottish Drugs Forum, 91 Mitchell Street, Glasgow, G1 3LN
To book a place: Please ensure your line manager has signed the completed application form and then email it to email@example.com