Elevate Glasgow have announced another opportunity for volunteers and learners to experience working and living in a European country for three weeks, this time it is Italy.
This trip will provide a challenging but achievable work experience and an opportunity to use the skills learnt through training and volunteering. At the same time, this opportunity will allow participants to get a broader world-view, international contacts and a boost to their confidence and motivation. You will be living together in shared accommodation, within a Group of 5.
The placement will be in May 2019 – exact travel dates have still to be confirmed.
As well as the usual Elevate eligibility – Glasgow resident (Glasgow City Council Postcode), currently unemployed and in recovery from drugs and/or alcohol participants must be:
- Currently undertaking a vocational qualification or have completed one within the preceding twelve months
- Currently volunteering and have been for the last 6 months
- Away from the treatment and care of drugs and/or alcohol for a period of twelve months and stable in recovery
This project will provide –
- FREE Work placements lasting 3 weeks for volunteers and learners.
- All costs for food, accommodation and travel are provided.
- Preparatory workshops providing an introduction to the Italian culture and language.
Read the blogs of the previous participants on www.internshipsglasgow.com
To apply please complete the application form and return to Morag Cassidy at firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Thursday 7th February 2019 at the latest or by post to: Morag Cassidy, Light on the Path, R1/72, Berkeley Street, Glasgow G3 7DS.
You must be available on Thursday 14th February 2019 for the selection process.
If you have any questions please contact Morag at the above email or on 07771 516 474 and you can also visit www.internshipsglasgow.com