Up-to-date information about the latest trends in New Psychoactive Substances (NPS), commonly called legal highs.
The course will cover the different drug categories and which NPS fit in them, the key effects and side effects of the main substances in use, how to effectively engage with people who use NPS and give the opportunity to discuss the impact of NPS in your own area of work and the issues NPS can cause.
Knowledge of other drugs is an advantage but not essential for this course.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- identify the impact of new psychoactive substances within their workplace
- name the seven categories of drugs which apply to NPS and describe their key effects
- recall current and emerging trends in NPS use
- give an overview of the key substances in use
- identify available treatment options
- recall effective techniques and strategies to work with users, including harm reduction.
Drug workers, housing workers, social workers, GPs, nurses, teachers, mental health workers
Commissioned – please contact Richard Bloodworth (email@example.com) for more information.