By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- demonstrate a clear understanding of what harm reduction is
- demonstrate an understanding of evidence-based harm reduction approaches
- identify practical techniques for reducing harm for the various routes of drug administration
- engage with hidden populations of drug users regarding harm reduction
- identify how to promote harm reduction with their service users.
Drug workers. housing workers. social workers. GPs. nurses. teachers and mental health workers. Experience of supporting drug users is essential for participants attending this training.
Experience of supporting drug users is essential for participants attending this training.